Plan your visit to McClelland
Wednesday to Sunday, 10am – 5pm
Wednesday to Sunday, 10am – 4pm
McClelland is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and the following public holidays:
- Christmas Day, 25 December
- Boxing Day, 26 December
390 McClelland Drive
Conditions of Entry
We ask you to help keep McClelland clean and enjoyable for everyone. Please read our full conditions of entry here.
What you need to know before visiting
We look forward to welcoming you back to McClelland Sculpture Park+Gallery. The health and wellbeing of our visitors, members, staff and volunteers is of vital importance to us.
For everyone’s health and safety, COVID-19 vaccination (age 16+) and masks (age 12+) are legal requirements for all visitors.
To enter the McClelland indoor galleries and dine at the cafe, you must:
- check in using the Service Victoria QR code; and
- show proof that you have received TWO doses of a COVID-19 vaccine OR that you hold a certified medical exemption.
Ways to prove vaccination or medical exemption
You can show any of these accepted forms of proof:
- COVID-19 digital certificate displayed through the Medicare App, Service Victoria App or equivalent smartphone wallet;
- printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement;
- successful completion of a Service Victoria QR check-in that includes vaccination confirmation;
- Victorian Health certificate of medical contraindication, signed by a medical practitioner.
Children under 16 are not required to be vaccinated.
We need to view proof of vaccination to manage our work place health and safety risks and comply with Public Health Orders. Your information will be kept private.
Ways to check in
When you arrive, use your smartphone camera to scan the QR code displayed at the Welcome Booth located at the driveway and parking entrance, open the link to the Service Victoria check-in, and follow the instructions. Show the confirmation screen to our staff as you enter. When entering the indoor galleries or for sit down dining at the cafe, please show staff proof of your vaccination status or medical exemption upon entering.
If you don’t have access to a smartphone, our staff will make a record of your contact details. You’ll need to show printed proof of your vaccination status or medical exemption.
We kindly ask for your understanding of these measures when visiting McClelland.
Book your visit online
To help with the cost of implementing a safe and welcoming environment Adult Visitors will be charged $6 for an all-day pass at McClelland. As a not-for-profit organisation, McClelland relies largely on the donations of visitors to help conserve and build the collection, curate inspiring exhibitions and public programs, and care for the beautiful sculpture park and bushland setting for all to enjoy.
Children under 18 and McClelland Members are exempt from the Day Pass Fee.
Plan your visit
< Click through to purchase your $6 Day Pass to McClelland online prior to your visit. Your Day Pass enables you to explore and enjoy the sculpture park for the whole day. Please be mindful that under current State guidelines, visitors aged 16 years and over must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption, in order to access the indoor galleries and sit down dine in the café. McClelland Members, Circle donors, and Children under 18 are exempt from the $6 booking fee.
There is ramp access to the gallery, café and toilets. Access to the McClelland Room is via two steps, unfortunately there is no wheelchair access to this space. In the sculpture park there are loose gravel paths with some steep gradients.
A fully accessible toilet and change room are located opposite the shop inside the gallery.
A wheelchair is available for use. Please book to ensure availability.
A five-seater buggy is available for guided tours on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 11am and 2pm. Booking essential.
A gravel car park exists for visitors. There is no designated disabled parking in the car park, however you are welcome to drive close to the gallery entrance to drop off passengers before parking.
What to bring
- We recommend wearing closed-in shoes for comfort and protection.
- Bringing a refillable water bottle, rather than a disposable one, is a great way to keep hydrated while you walk around the park.
- Hats and sunscreen for sun protection, and warm, waterproof clothing for wet weather are recommended. Extreme weather may require the rescheduling of your visit.
Things to be mindful of:
Please note the park will be closed on days of extreme fire danger and tours may be restricted to certain parts of the park during fire season. Tours will not be conducted if the temperature reaches above 32 degrees. In summer, visits in the morning are often more comfortable.
Snakes are occasionally seen on the grounds, and will generally move on if they hear you coming, but if you do see one please leave it alone, retrace your steps and inform a staff member. Bull ants are also found in the park, so please be mindful when sitting on the ground.
Some suggestions include:
- Cruden Farm
- Elisabeth Murdoch Arboretum
- Mulberry Hill
- Frankston Waterfront and Kananook Creek Walking Trail
- Cranbourne Botanic Gardens
- Ballam Park Homestead
- Langwarrin Flora + Fauna Reserve
- Peninsula Link Cycling Trail
- Sweetwater Creek Reserve
- The Pines Flora + Fauna Reserve
What we're doing for you
- All onsite staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated.
- Floor markings and signage help visitors to maintain safe distances.
- Limits on the number of visitors overall and in each gallery space are based on current Victorian Health guidelines. Please adhere to the capacities and follow instructions from staff.
- We’re cleaning frequently.
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the Gallery and Café entrances.
- We continue to be guided by Victorian Government health guidelines and will provide updates to this information.
- Any individuals putting at risk our visitors, staff, volunteers or artworks will not be admitted or will be asked to leave.
- We’re working to keep you safe, but we can’t guarantee you won’t be exposed to COVID-19. By entering McClelland, you assume the risk of such exposure.
If I only want to visit the sculpture park and not the indoor galleries or café, do I still need to pay for a $6 day pass?
Yes, the $6 Day Pass enables access to the sculpture park, even if not visiting the current exhibitions or café.
Is the McClelland Café open?
Yes, the McClelland Café is open from Wednesday to Sunday, 10am – 4pm. For more information about the café menu and to book a table for your group, visit the cafe page or call the cafe on 03 9789 1671 (extension 2).
Is alcohol permitted in the park?
Alcoholic beverages are available at the McClelland café and can be consumed while picnicking in the park. Strictly no BYO alcohol.
Are BBQs allowed in the park while picnicking?
McClelland has a no fire policy, therefore BBQs are strictly prohibited on the grounds as well as cigarettes. Please respect our bushland environment and keep our visitors, park, and buildings safe from fire.
Is there a capacity limit for the indoor buildings?
Yes, following State guidelines the capacity for each indoor space is limited and subject to change. Please follow the signage and advice from staff while entering each gallery, the McClelland café, gift shop, and Sarah & Baillieu Myer Education Pavilion.
How do I present my pre-purchased Day Pass?
Pre-purchased Day Passes can be printed at home or shown on your mobile device to staff at the Welcome Booth at the driveway entrance to McClelland.
I have a booking query, am having trouble booking online, or can no longer use my pre-purchased Day Pass?
To make changes to your booking please call the gallery on 03 9789 1671 (Wednesday to Sunday, 10am – 5pm) and our staff will provide assistance. Please read the terms and conditions carefully after booking your Day Passes. In some instances we may not be able to refund your Day Pass.
Are guided tours available for the public?
Free guided tours of the sculpture park are available every Wednesday and Thursday at 11am and 2pm, however over summer, tours are unavailable from 15 December – 15 January. Please enquire at the gallery reception to join a tour.
When will McClelland’s education programs recommence?
McClelland’s programs will recommence once we are confident we have all necessary safety measures in place. In the meantime please see our website for virtual learning activities and to access Learning Resources.