Welcome back! McClelland is now open!
Welcome back to McClelland. To ensure that your visit is enjoyable and safe, we have implemented a few important changes in line with State Government Public Health advice. We kindly ask you to comply with these measures during your visit at McClelland to help us manage the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you for your compliance and support!
Before your visit:
Booking your visit
- To help with the cost of implementing a safe and welcoming environment Adult Visitors will be charged a $6 Booking Fee. As a not-for-profit organisation, McClelland relies largely on the donations of visitors to help conserve and build the collection, curate inspiring exhibitions and public programs, and care for the beautiful sculpture park and bushland setting for all to enjoy.
- Children under 18 and McClelland Members are exempt from the Booking Fee but also need to register their timed-entry ticket to ensure their place.
- To ensure that McClelland remains a safe place for all visitors, staff, and volunteers, we have implemented a COVID Safe Plan and Guidelines. Please acknowledge that by booking your entry ticket to visit McClelland you agree to comply with McClelland’s Conditions of Entry
Sign-in on arrival
- To support contact tracing all visitors are required to enter via the Welcome Booth upon arrival to be checked-in by Visitor Services Staff.
- As part of re-opening we are required to keep records of all worker and patron details for contact tracing where a person attends a museum or gallery for longer than 15 minutes. This includes the following information: first name, contact phone number, time and date visited. These records will be securely stored then destroyed after 28 days.
- We are encouraging contactless payments, so please bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases.
- Please do not visit if you are unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
When you are at the Gallery:
- Contact tracing
Please start your visit at the Welcome Booth upon entering McClelland to be checked in by Visitor Services Staff.
- Cleaning protocols
Please wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms when inside the gallery. Hand sanitiser is available at the gallery reception and in the café.
- Keep your distance
Please practice social distancing and keep a 1.5m distance from others, even if you are visiting as a group.
- Gallery access
Your timed-entry ticket enables entry for 1 hour to the McClelland indoor galleries and current exhibition. Please arrived on time for you booking. Your ticket allows access to explore and enjoy the sculpture park for the entire day.
- Coughing etiquette
Please cough and sneeze into your elbow or in a tissue and put the tissue in a bin.
- No Cloaking facilities
Cloaking facilities will not be available so please do not bring large items of luggage with you.
It is a condition of entry that all visitors adhere to these requirements at all times during their visit.
Public health and safety measures we are putting in place:
- Clearly marked entry and exits with signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- Each of McClelland’s gallery spaces has a maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from McClelland staff.
- Cleaning of the site will be undertaken daily complying with DHHS and WorkSafe guidelines, with high touch areas sanitised frequently throughout the day.
- All Visitor Services Staff are trained in maintaining health and hygiene protocols.
- We will continue to be guided by the Victorian Government’s health guidelines and will provide updates to this information.
We kindly ask for your understanding of these measures when visiting McClelland.
Is the McClelland Café open?
Yes, the McClelland Cafe is open!
How do I book entry tickets?
Entry tickets can either be pre-booked online 24 hours before your visit, or purchased upon arrival at the driveway Welcome Booth.
Can I arrange entry at the Welcome Booth?
Pre-booking entry tickets online is highly recommended, however entry tickets may be available at the Welcome Booth, depending on venue capacity at the time. If the gallery is at capacity, people without pre-booked entry tickets may experience a significant delay in gaining entry.
Why is McClelland charging a Booking Fee?
As a not-for-profit organisation, McClelland relies largely on the donations of visitors to help conserve and build the collection, curate inspiring exhibitions and public programs, and care for the beautiful sculpture park and bushland setting for all to enjoy. The $6 Booking Fee has been introduced to assist with the cost of implementing a safe and welcoming environment. Adult Visitors will be charged a $6 Booking Fee, children under 18 years of age and McClelland Members are exempt.
What are the time limits for visiting the sculpture park and gallery?
Your entry ticket allows all day access to enjoy the sculpture park, indoor galleries, gift shop and cafe.
How do I present my ticket?
We kindly request that you print or present your ticket on your mobile device at the Welcome Booth and at the entrance to the gallery, if you do not have access to such technology a Visitor Services Officer will be able to check your booking manually at the Welcome Booth.
How do I change my booking time?
The Booking Fee is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. However, if you experience exceptional circumstances before your visit, please contact the Gallery on 03 9789 1671 or firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will gladly assist you.
Will guided tours be available for the public?
Yes, guided tours are available every Wednesday and Thursday at 11am and 2pm.
Are school group bookings available?
Education groups can book by contacting the gallery on 03 9789 1671 or email@example.com
Hours of Opening?
McClelland is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am – 5pm, excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day.